Thursday, November 20, 2008

So I said something...

I probably shouldn't have. Which annoys me because I have gotten so much better at saying what I mean and being responsible with my words. I stress out when I say just one thing and it comes across the wrong way. If I have bad intentions - it's obvious. If I don't like you - it's obvious. But when I say something and it makes someone feel like I don't like them and I sincerely have *no* problem with that person, I can't stop thinking about it. I freak. I stress. I panic. I don't know why I do that. I am not a very compassionate person - but I get really bummed out when I think I've personally hurt someones feelings or even potentially hurt them.

You wanna know what scene I hate most in one of my favorite movies? In Peter Pan, when Wendy first meets the mermaids. They are throwing water on Wendy and playfully trying to drown her and Peter doesn't even care. He doesn't acknowledge that is what is going on and the girls continue. At this point Wendy feels very isolated and that she stands out. She was in a new environment and the only person she knew - didn't even see the situation for what it was. http://www.latimes.com/media/photo/2008-07/41306401.jpg

Ever since I was a kid I had great compassion for Wendy in that scene and I always hated to watch it. Kinda weird huh?

I'm freezing and work and I keep sneezing, I think I'm catching a cold.

The semester is almost over, thank goodness. I'm stressing out and I just can't wait for it to be over. Hoping for a better Spring semester.

All week this week I have been in skype calls that have been lasting forever. I've made so many new friends - and it seems like the whole YouTube community is expanding. All my friends are making new friends and it's fun! : ] I like the expansion.

I must get back to work now.

Le sigh.







love.

2 comments:

LCSsings said...

"youtube expansion" XD YAY
it's so true! we're all meeting more and more people!

i love that scene from peter pan as well <3

have fun at work! =]

Matt said...

BINGO! You said it so well, I too share those feelings whenever I realize that I've made a tactless comment (which of course is always after it's too late to retract and I must apologize and start begging for forgiveness) and I can't stop thinking about it.

I just hate communication breakdowns, I should know better by now how to avoid them. I should try saying nicer things, like, "You are very pretty" instead of "Good painting, dummy!" Uh, hmmm...uh-oh.